LABORATORY & FOOD ANALYSIS AT TUNA FACTORY MAURITIUS
Our valued partner has over 15 years’ experience of facilitating students and volunteers all over Mauritius. You will be involved in the Quality Department of a Tuna Factory doing laboratory work and analyse food products.
Project duration: Ongoing
Minimum length of stay: 2 months till 6 months maximum
Starting period: Flexible
Number of students: 2
Project fields: Catering & Food Business, Biology, Nutrition & Dieticians, Lab studies.
Our valued partner has over 15 years’ experience of facilitating students and volunteers all over Mauritius. You will be involved in the Quality Department of a Tuna Factory doing laboratory work and analyse food products. This is a project for students that want learn how the company produces tuna and needs to guarantee the quality of their product by testing the product.
Role of the intern:
Aiming for skills transfer next to leaving behind materials and methods that can be used in terms of sustainability such as a research report.
– laboratory work
– analysing products
– quality checks and testing
Supervision: at least Bachelor level; on request depending on field.
Workspace for intern: at tuna factory
Let’s Go Africa intern/volunteer packages include:
- Suitable project with project description according to all criteria
- Pre-departure introduction & safety meeting
- Visa application assistance + flight booking and transport advice
- Accommodation arrangements (options and costs described below)
- Airport pick up arrangements (fixed costs will be communicated prior to arrival)
- In-country introduction regarding country, project and your role
- Experienced and qualified supervisor and contact person constantly available
- Arrangement of internship reimbursement per month (amount differs per company)*
- Assistance with University and project placement contracts
- Support and guidance from the moment of registration until return back home
- Country information brochure
- Informal feedback session & LGA certificate (proof of participation)
Total service package cost (one time amount)
Internship/Minor 2 till 6 months –> Total package cost p.p. €895
Volunteer work till 3 months –> Total package cost p.p. €855 (longer not possible because of visa)
*Reimbursement/stipend: Usually students get an amount between 150 and 250 euro per month to cover expenses. In hotels you can get more stipend, up to around 400 euro per month & free housing if you speak a language that is required, such as German, Russian, Chinese.
Accommodation type: Self-catering student room other options on request
Cost per month: Approximately €250 (paid locally before the 5th of each month to landlord)
– A deposit of 250 euro must be paid as warranty to cover any damages or outstanding payments
– Visa Mauritius: Free of charge
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for project options, an exact cost calculation or if you have any other questions.
– Serious and motivated to contribute to the local company/organization
– Passionate and capable in your field